Monday, September 25, 2006

taking a look back.

I was recently looking at the blog and realized that those who have not been through the whole building experience as the Parker-Littlehale-Vetter-DeLong's have, may not fully realize how far the process has come. So, I quickly began looking for pictures to give people an idea of what our property looked like at the very beginnings of our house building journeys. I quickly found that I really don't have that many! But the ones I have will do. I hope these few pictures either remind you of where we've come from (if you're in on the building), or simply bring you more viewing pleasure.

February, 2005















Before there was concrete, there was dirt. But before we could dig in the dirt, we had to get it ready. Matt cut down this once beautiful tree, while Phil and Dad brought it down safely. The stump now serves as one of our many break areas, and hopefully will one day be a nice garden seat.















After the trees were cut down, we had to feed them into the jaws of death. It was a long, long, day.

March 2005














Matt, Dad, and I went up to survey the property, and put in the barter boards to mark the corners of the house. They were later taken down and replaced, and those were later taken down and replaced...

November, 2005















The very beginnings of the garage. We and these holes got to know each other pretty well over the months, but I can't say we're sad to see them gone.
















The only picture I can find that gives a glimpse at the house, pre-cement and brick.

All in all, not too shabby, eh?

1 comment:

molly said...

wow--we HAVE come along way. just really, really slowly. ;) here's lookin' forward to the next bits...